What the heck just happened?
Have you ever thought these words to yourself? It’s the end of a day, or you’re walking out of a meeting, or you just tucked the kids into bed, and you wonder how the time passed so quickly … And you think to yourself: What the heck just happened? Did all this time simply pass? What do I have to show for it?
It happens to all of us, and time keeps marching on. Truth is, the minutes, hours, and days pass, no matter what we do, or what we accomplish. This is the nature of life – in fact, it IS life.
So, how can you feel more connected and more aligned
as you move through each day?
It’s simple really. It comes down to being present in each moment, so you don’t miss a thing. When you are truly engaged in what you’re doing, and when you’re truly paying attention to the people you are with, and when you are putting your energy into the little stuff, you will find that you feel more fulfilled and more alive. The key is to be intentional. How do you do this? Set your intentions ahead of time, because…
You get what you set.
Since the holidays and the New Year are upon us, I propose that you set your intentions – ahead of jumping right into the holidays. This way, when you tuck the kids in, or sit down at the end of the day, you can look back and feel good about how you spent your time and energy.
If you’re anything like me, you want to enjoy the holidays and feel connected to the people you’re with; you want to have fun, learn things, feel contented, happy, and productive. If this is you too, then I have some suggestions.
Here are some of my Holiday Intentions that might work for you too!
My Holiday Intentions:
- Be a conduit for peace and understanding.
- Have fun. Be silly. Make jokes. Laugh as much as possible.
- Create memories I’ll want to look back on.
- Be fully present and enjoy the moment I’m in and people I’m with.
- Have conversations that matter. Ask questions. Be curious.
- Make real, heartfelt connections. Share goodness and light.
- Learn about family. Ask about relatives, kids, parents, their friends.
- Give big hugs. Smile a lot. Spread love.
- Share your favorite longtime family traditions with friends.
- Create new holiday traditions for your family and friends.
I hope this list of intentions helps you to create holidays that are special and memorable. My wish is that you receive in return tenfold all the goodwill and love that you share, and that your peaceful, fun, and joyful vibes rub off on everyone you encounter.
Now, that’s Powerful!
Happy, Merry, Blessed Holidays to You!
With Much Love and Joy,
Need an inspirational gift? My book will fill the bill! Purchase now at: https://powerfulyoupublishing.com/sale